- How can you see which kernel version a system is currently running?
uname -a // Show hostname, current version, current release uname -v //Show current version uname -r // Show current release
2.How can you check a system’s current IP address?
ifconfig ip addr show ip addr show eth0
3. How do you check for free disk space?
4. How dow you manage services on a system?
service <service name> status systemctl status <service name>
5. How would you check the size of a directory’s contents on disk?
du -sh <directory name>
6. How would you check for open ports on a Linux machine?
netstat sudo netstat -tulpn
7. How do you check CPU usage for a process?
ps aux |grep <process name> top htop
8. Dealing with Mounts
ls /mnt mount <device/network drive> <mount point> /etc/fstab
9. How do you look up something you don’t know?
man <command> <command> --h google